MQTT-Enabled Edge Gateways for Faster Data with Reduced Bandwidth
eACM can translate native RTU and PLC protocols into the highly-efficient MQTT protocol and send report-by-exception data to any MQTT broker. eACM also supports the MQTT Sparkplug B specification, which allows for data to be back-filled for higher resolution or to restore data after a comms outage. Lastly, eACM provides a platform for functional applications to run on the edge of your network to make the most out of your infrastructure.
eACM Real-Time Polling
eACM provides an extremely convenient and efficient way to transmit more data, more frequently, and with less overhead. When deployed in field, eACM acts as a local polling engine, handling the poll-response between itself and the device as fast as 50 milliseconds.
eACM handles each register it polls with a deadband and allows users to configure how often new values publish. This gives users control over how often new data is transmitted over the network, saving you money. It also has alarm settings for each tag that ensures operations never misses an alarm. Capable of handling thousands of tags at once, eACM delivers more data to your systems with less bandwidth.
eACM REAL-TIME NATIVE PROTOCOLS
- ABB Totalflow
- Emerson (Fisher) FloBoss and ROC
REAL-TIME MODBUS PROTOCOLS
eACM functionality can be expanded by developing additional interfaces with any Modbus device. Specific protocols currently provided with the eACM software are:
- Modbus RTU/ASCII/TCP
- Flow Automation
eACM COMPATIBLE HARDWARE
- Freewave ZumLink 900
- Freewave ZumIQ
- Raspberry Pi
- Cisco 800 and Sierrra Wireless RVS0 are pending
AUTOSOL’S eACM KEY FEATURES
- Supports communication with multiple protocols simultaneously
- Supports communication with multiple end-devices simultaneously
- Onboard NTP allows for GPS accurate time-syncing
- Locally stores data when connection is interrupted. Stored data is sent when connection is re-established
- MQTT uses up to 90% less bandwidth than traditional poll-response 0 eACM is portable and light enough to fit onto most edge computing devices
- Allows edge applications to run using RTU or PLC data
- Can prioritize data flows between multiple masters for serial networks
- eACM brings MQTT to traditional OPC systems
- Hardware agnostic-let us know what platform you need eACM on!