Successful technical support specialist candidates must be highly motivated and willing to work as part of the support staff to provide technical support for our products based on industry needs and customer feedback. AUTOSOL specializes in remote data collection for measurement and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems. Interested candidates should have a solid understanding and working knowledge of standard networks and communication practices.
We provide a structured team environment while promoting an independent kind of creativity. We provide highly competitive salaries, comprehensive health plans, matching 401K (RRSP), and profit sharing, in addition to many other benefits.
Qualifications and Skills
- BS in Computer Information Systems or Computer Engineering. In lieu of a BS degree, experience in communications and data transfer is acceptable.
- Knowledge of Remote Terminal Unit (RTU) and Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) protocols and capabilities for Electronic Flow Meter (EFM), controls and data retrieval.
- Experience with and knowledge of technical support, cellular, satellite and radio communications, and data transfer.
- Familiarity with AUTOSOL software and hardware products, AUTOSOL Enterprise Server (AES), and Autosol Communication Manager (ACM).
- Building and delivering internal training (including classroom theory and hands-on practicum) is beneficial.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effective working independently and as a team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- After-hour call support is required.
Houston, TX or Calgary, AB
Years of Experience