Application Engineer Job Description
Application engineer candidates must be highly motivated and will work directly with customers to determine customer needs on projects. AUTOSOL specializes in remote collection, presentation, and control of measurement and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems. Interested application engineer candidates should have solid understanding and working knowledge of information technology.
We provide a structured team environment while promoting an independent kind of creativity. We provide highly competitive salaries, comprehensive health plans, matching 401K, and profit sharing, in addition to many other benefits.
Application Engineer Qualifications and Skills
- Business or Scientific Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required assuming comparable work experience
- Programming and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written
- Comfortable with face-to-face interaction and speaking in front of groups of people
- Knowledge of control systems preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- The following knowledge will be seen as a plus: Visual Basic Scripting, Visual Basic for Applications, Windows Operating Systems (Server and Desktop), Microsoft SQL Server, CRM understanding, AUTOSOL ACM/AES, and HMIs such as ClearSCADA, Cygnet, Wonderware or others
Application Engineer Essential Duties
- Complies with AUTOSOL and client company conduct and safety regulations
- Help our clients with the definition of requirements for their SCADA systems
- Will be involved in all phases of projects: assisting sales, gathering requirements, design, development, testing, implementation, documentation, and support
- Complete special project/tasks and duties, as assigned, associated with in-house and 3rd party software
Application Engineer Job Summary
Travel, as required, to customer and supplier sites to perform installation, commissioning, and training duties.
Years of Experience