We are looking for an experienced Test/Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer to form and lead a formal software QA department. Should have a proven record of implementing both manual and automated testing approaches and solutions. Application(s) being tested will include both Windows-based applications and Linux-based applications.
- Manage QA Tester(s).
- A desire to help others achieve their best.
- Training, motivating, coaching, and correcting employees to ensure that standards are met.
- Assist in the recruiting process.
- Create reports to track progress.
- Formulate strategies to increase productivity.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases based on current application functionality.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate quality testing activities.
- Report issues and bugs for review, including appropriate background information to assist development team(s) in resolving or better understanding an issue.
- Collaborate with development teams, support teams and end users on reproducing, detailing, and documenting reported defects and escalate through the appropriate channels.
- Ensure traceability from business requirements and technical specifications to test conditions and defect reports.
- Analyze data in order to find areas for growth.
- Review processes in order to ensure that they align with current trends.
- Bachelor’s degree, Computer Science, or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with databases and Microsoft SQL Server.
- 5+ years of quality assurance experience in a professional work environment.
- Experience with methods and tools for performing the following:
- Functional testing
- Regression testing
- Performance testing
- Integration testing
- Scalability testing
- Stress testing
- QA experience in an agile development environment.
- Highly organized with excellent analytics and problem-solving abilities and keen attention to detail.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- This person will not be writing code on a day to day basis however they may write automated tests in C++, C# or python.
- Experience with Atlassian Jira is a plus.
- Experience with Git version control is a plus.
Houston, TX 77062